Thursday, August 21, 2008

Free EEE PC


Well, it looks like RBC is coming through on their promise. Today (August 21, 2008) I received a letter in the mail from them with a confirmation code to get my ASUS EEE PC. I first applied for this offer two months ago. Here is what I have to look forward to:
Thank you for choosing RBC Royal Bank®. You should receive your ASUS Eee PC by courier within 5-10 business days depending on your location. We hope you will enjoy all of the benefits that come with your new banking account. And we know you will enjoy your new ASUS Eee PC.
Here's the catch:
  • Be an RBC customer
  • Pay for their $13.95 a month plan until Dec. 31
  • Set up at least two pre-authorized payments
  • Set up payroll direct deposit or monthly pension
  • Select paperless statement option
  • Pay at least one bill through RBC Royal Bank
The math:
The computer sells for $425.91 after tax and shipping from TigerDirect. The plan will cost us $14 a month until the end of the year (6 months to go) for a grand total of $84. I'm sure RBC gets a deal on them but I don't and I will really enjoy having a mini laptop I can take travelling.
If you are interested in getting one of these for < $100 and you already have an RBC account or would like to get one you have until September 12, 2008 to apply. Here is the link.

No comments: